A big advantage of the diesel/heavy equipment repair field is that there are job opportunities all over the world. Spokane Community College graduates trained in this field have gone
to work in Alaska, Hawaii and all over the West Coast.
SCC's two-year diesel/heavy duty equipment program is one of the finest in the West. It offers in-depth technical training on a wide range of
heavy equipment. The program combines classroom instruction with hands-on, practical experience. Students work with industry standard equipment
in spacious, modern shop areas. The training they receive prepares them for employment in the fields of heavy construction, mining, logging,
agriculture and trucking. Students who successfully complete the program receive an associate in applied science (A.A.S.) degree.
- Understand the construction, function and service of heavy duty vehicle components;
- Diagnose mechanical and performance problems;
- Operate precision repair and diagnostic equipment;
- Interpret repair manuals;
- Basic shop operation; and
- Dealing with customers, employers and fellow employees.
View the program guide for detailed description and requirements.