SCC Head Start/Early Head Start Child Care Center
The Center offers Head Start and Early Head Start early childhood education services to enrolled students at SCC.
Head Start and Early Head Start are child development programs that provide early childhood education, social services,
and health services for eligible young children and families, including those with special needs. We offer safe and
secure environments that nurture child growth and development, and provide learning opportunities for children to
enhance their skills and abilities for school success.
Summer child care for school-age children is available at SCC.
Call (509) 533-8268 to learn more.
The Center at SCC is:
- A Head Start and Early Head Start program site, offering services to children one year through five years of age
- A licensed child care provider with Washington State
- Accredited through the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC)
The Center is staffed by teaching professionals that have been educated specifically in early childhood education
to meet the unique needs of very young children. The Center provides quality, affordable, child care to children of
SCC student parents, and is located on the SCC Campus in Building 20.
- Early Head Start for children from one year to three years of age
- Head Start pre-school for children three to five years of age
- Summer child care for children one year through twelve years of age
(for Pell Grant eligible students only)
Hours of Operation
Head Start and Early Head Start are in operation fall, winter, and spring quarters, Monday through Friday from 7:00
AM to 4:30 PM.
Summer operations include Head Start, Early Head Start, and school age child care. Hours of operations during
summer quarter are Monday through Thursday from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
For more information, please call (509) 533-7170.