Student Success and Career Services
We are here to assist you in:
- Career and Occupation Research
- Career and Self-Assessments
- Resume Tips and More
- Scholarship Opportunities
Contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Maximize Your Veteran's Educational Benefits.
Follow this link to receive information regarding possible tuition reduction and veteran’s educational services at SCC, or call
(509) 533-7027. If you are a veteran going to school at our Colville, Inchelium, Ione, Newport or Republic centers, you can also call (509) 279-6740.
At SCC, the SCC Veterans Affairs office is located within Student Success and Career Services in Bldg 6 (Lair), Room 0112. We also have a Veterans Office at SCC Colville Center, 985 S. Elm St.
You may also want to visit the official government source for veterans' educational information and resources at www.gibill.va.gov
Located at SCC, BLDG 6 (the Lair)
in the Workforce Education office
Connections to veteran trusted resources for Veterans, Spouses, and Dependents:
- VA Healthcare
- Service Connection disability claims
- Alternative funding solutions for training
- Veterans linked Deposit Program (reduce business loan interest by 2%)
- Homeless Supports
- Veteran owned business registry
- Someone who will listen
- Green Job directions
- Individual and Family Counseling
- Mock Interviews
- Post-Traumatic Stress education and counseling
- Military Sexual Trauma Supports
- VA Work-study
- Military-to-Civilian resume translation
What is the Veterans Conservation Corps?
One of the missions of the Veterans Conservation Corps (VCC) is to assist veterans by providing volunteer opportunities on natural resources
restoration projects that help protect and restore Washington’s watersheds (rivers, streams, lakes, marine waters, forests and open lands).
Who Can Participate?
Any Veteran is eligible. Veterans and their families can choose to
participate. Their names will be kept confidential. In return, participants will have an opportunity to help the environment, contribute to the
community and earn valuable job skills in the environmental field. This is a great opportunity for veterans returning to school or work as an
internship, an apprenticeship, VA work-study participant, or as a volunteer.
Participants will earn valuable work experience that would enhance a
resume and provide excellent work references.
For more information, call