search this site

Student Success and Career Services

We are here to assist current students, graduates, and members of the community in making positive, self-aware life changes through professional and personal planning.

Paying for College
Financial aid
Research Financial Resources.

Now that you have decided to attend college, it's time to research ways to help you pay for it. Below are some potential funding resources you may want to check out.

Federal Student Aid banner

This is the most common form of student aid. It is made up of grants, loans, and/or work study awards.

1. Follow this link to complete the online application.

2. Follow this link for additional forms you will need to complete.

SCC school code: 003793

Check out the Financial Aid website if you have additional questions.

(CCS logo)


Annual scholarship applications are due in March. Please follow this link for more information.

(Basic Food banner)

Basic Food Employment and Training (BFE&T) can assist with tuition, fees, books, supplies, tools, uniforms, and housing for qualified students.

Call (509) 533-8056 for more information.

Scholarships banner

Scholarships are grants awarded in varying amounts from different organizations.

Follow this link to research scholarships you may be eligible for.

Workforce Investment Act

The Workforce Investment Act provides employment and training services designed to benefit employers, dislocated workers, and low income youth.

For more information, follow this link or call (509) 532-3156.

Veterans Affairs

Follow this link to receive information regarding possible tuition reduction and veteran’s educational services at SCC, or call (509) 533-7027. The SCC Veterans Affairs office is located within Student Success and Career Services in Bldg 6 (Lair), Room 0112.

You may also want to visit the official government source for veterans’ educational information and resources at

Opportunity grant banner

The Opportunity Grant can assist with tuition, fees, books, and supplies. There is also emergency funding available for childcare, housing, transportation, or utilities.

Follow this link to find out eligibility requirements and approved SCC programs.

Follow this link for the application form.

Worker retraining banner

The Worker Retraining grant can help to pay for one quarter of tuition and books for dislocated workers, displaced homemakers, formerly self-employed, or former active duty veterans. Follow this link to find out the eligibility requirements or call (509) 533-8056.

Tuition Installment Payment Plan (TIPP)

The Tuition Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) allows students to pay for their college education in three installments, interest free. The plan covers tuition and class fees. Students must be enrolled in at least 12 credits to qualify for the plan and there is a $30.00 non-refundable enrollment fee.

Follow this link for more information or to sign up.

(WorkFirst logo)

WorkFirst can assist with tuition and books for eligible students. Follow this link to findout the eligibility requirements or call (509) 533-8210.

Scholarships for Women

Scholarships available for women today are amazing in their scope and variety, because as a woman you are no longer locked into any stereotypical idea of what you should do for the rest of your life.

Follow this link for more information and a list of scholarships.

Spokane Community College
1810 N. Greene St.
Spokane, WA 99217-5399
For general information call:
509-533-7000 or
© 1997-2014
Spokane Community College
All rights reserved