search this site

Allied Health

Health Science Students

Students must have their health science clinical files completed before they attend clinical. Students reentering the programs or entering with advanced standing, must update their files before attending clinical.

All required paperwork is to be turned in to the health science office: Building 9, Room 132.


(Students must bring in a copy; the office is not equipped to make copies for students.)

Liability insurance - must be purchased from the SCC cashier; bring in a copy of your receipt.

Medical insurance - bring in a copy of your medical insurance card or purchase medical insurance from the SCC cashier and bring in a copy of your receipt. (If you have SCC medical insurance, it must be updated each quarter and a copy of your receipt must be brought in for your file.)

CPR - bring in a copy of a current CPR card (within the last year). This must be updated annually as long as you are in the program, and a copy must be kept on file.

Originals required:

TB test - bring in documented results of two- step TB test (two separate tests within the last year). Must show results and be signed and dated by a healthcare provider. The TB test must be within the last year and updated annually in your file as long as you are in the program and a copy on file.

DT - Diphtheria/Tetanus vaccination within the last 10 years. Must be signed and dated by a healthcare provider.

MMR - Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccination or a titer for each of the diseases showing immunity. Must be signed and dated by healthcare provider.

A photo copy of your shot card may be substituted for the above immunizations (TB, DT, MMR).

Physical - current physical - signed and dated by the physician. Use Health Science physical form.

Drug screening - mandatory drug screening through Pathology Associates - results of which will be sent to the Dean by the lab. Students need to turn in a copy of their receipt for their file.

Hepatitis B form - SCC form - completed and turned in for file.

Chicken Pox form - SCC form - completed and turned in for file.

Flu Vaccine form - SCC form - completed and turned in for file.

Clinical Agreement form - SCC form - completed and turned in for file.

WSP and Disclosure/Authorization - Washington State Patrol background investigation form and release of information form.

Students are advised to keep a copy of their physical, TB test results and immunizations for their own records. Potential employers will be requesting this same documentation and the school is not responsible for providing such documentation.

Students who change programs or are reentering a program with advanced standing: previous files are not considered current and many file requirements will have to be updated.

It is the student's responsibility to maintain their own medical and personal records. You will need them again when you apply for employment in the medical field.

It is in your best interest to obtain a documented shot record from your healthcare provider and keep that record, along with updates, in a safe, accessible place in your personal file. It is also important for you to keep a copy of your CPR card and physical. The Health Science office does not provide copies.

For more information....Additional Information
If you have general questions regarding the Noninvasive Cardiovascular Technology program, its entry requirements, or the admissions process, please contact the SCC Admissions Office via email ( or phone (509-533-8020 or 1-800-248-5644, ext. 8020), and one of our friendly, knowledgeable staff members will assist you.
You can also submit an online information request or get our address to write for more information.
You may be eligible for free tuition! Follow this link to learn more.

Spokane Community College
1810 N. Greene St.
Spokane, WA 99217-5399
For general information call:
509-533-7000 or
© 1997-2014
Spokane Community College
All rights reserved